Friday, May 31, 2013

Daily Journals (collection)

Meeting with Old friends
Saturday, September 25, 2010
This year, I spent my holiday in my village. I went there with my family. One day, my old friend called me and said that he and other friends decided to hold a meeting with our old friends on the third fest. My old friends were my friends when I was in the primary school. A meeting held in my friend’s house. About 30 friends attended the meeting. In addition, we invited our teacher to meet together with us. It was a great surprise seeing them, because we had never meet for 7 years. As a result, I did not remind some of their faces. However, we thank our friend who had idea to hold this meeting.
My Experience in Sibolangit
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Sibolangit is one of countries name in North Sumatra, precisely in Brastagi. It famous with its beautiful scenery, cool air and camping area or we know as scout area. When I was in senior high school, I took a part in scout. One day, scout section held an outbound program which held in Sibolangit. We started our journey in the morning by driving car. After three hours, we arrived there and stand the tent. Time pass away and nigh came. Our agenda that night was fire pile. When the fire lighted, we made a circle then we sang together surrounded the glowing fire. In minutes, the silent forest changed to be crowded night due to our spirit. However, after hours, the fire was calmed and we back to our tent for a rest.
Music
Monday, September 27, 2010
There are many kinds of music, such as pop, rock, jazz, slow rock, hip-hop, pop rock etc. to produce music; of course, we need some instrument. Moreover, there are many instruments can produce the music, such as guitar, piano, drum, viola, xylophone, trumpet, etc. Every instrument has different way to play and has different voices to produce. A good music will attract people’s attention to hear it. Because of music, some people will feel wellhead with hearing music. Moreover, music will accompany us when we are in resting or boring. Today, many musicians exist with their music and songs. Music has taken a part in their life. For them, music is their life and they cannot life without music.
Thieving
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
There is no day without thieving. We can see in the news, that thieving is never stop in our state. The example is thieving of CIMB Niaga Bank in Medan which done by thieves with firearm, thieving of ATM, thieving of gold shop, also thieving of children etc. There are many ways done by the thief to get money, such as killing, lying, hypnotist etc. If they arrested by police, and the police ask them why they do this criminal, most of them answered, that they brave to do this because of economic. It is not little who arrested and entered the prison despite thieve. As a good people, we must be far away from any criminal. Let us keep our environment and make our state safely. Besides, be careful everywhere and every time, as thieving can happen unconsciously.
True Friend
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
All people over the world are need friend. Friend is someone who knows us, knows our habit and he will help us to overcome our problem when we are in trouble. Without friend, life is nothing. Why? Because, we life in the social sphere and we need other people to be our friend. In addition, friend will change our life more colorful, although sometime he ever makes us angry or disappointed. However, we must be careful in choosing friend, as friend is very effective in clarifying where we are, in a good people or not. Choosing friend does not mean we must choose the rich one or the poor one, but we choose the good one who has a good habit. In addition, remember, a good friend is who stays with us in all condition we are, happiness or sadness. Those are the true friend in life. Therefore, we must to be a good friend for other people.
Face book
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Face book is social community, which helps us to connect with peoples in our life. From face book, we can make a friend with everyone anywhere he is, in domestic or international. Today, about billion peoples are using face book. However, face book has positive and negative side for face bookers. The positive side is that face book will keep our friends relationship, despite a long distance. Conversely, the negative side is some face bookers are using face book not in the right time. They play it when working or studying. In summary, we can play face book, but we have to know when and where we ought to play it. I think when we are on resting or when we are in traffic jam. 
Be best and be your Self
Friday, October 1, 2010
When I was in the boarding school, the word “be best and be your self” is very popular. So, it is not surprise if many students have this motto, so am I. This motto has a big meaning for me. Being from this motto, I had some of my hopes. In addition, I will try to get all of my hopes. For me, motto is motivator. With it, everything I do will be ok. Because of this, I will do all my work with confidence. I do not want to be others, but I will be my self. I will do all best in my life. It is not difficult to be the best, if we feel certain with our selves. Therefore, be best and be your self in your life.
Traffic Jam in Capital

Saturday, October 2, 2010
Jakarta is the capital of Indonesia. A big problem in our capital today is traffic jam. There is no day without traffic jam. Nearly all the direction has the traffic jam. Specifically, in the center of city which has most activity done by peoples. For instance the offices, malls, markets, shops, salons, schools, etc. This jam caused of transmigration’s peoples continuously to live and work in Jakarta. Besides, the upgrading of selling car and motorcycle so caused the traffic jam. Consequently, last months appeared an issue about moving the capital to other city. This issue got pro and contra from many peoples in Indonesia, especially who live in Jakarta. Therefore, the government has to overcome this problem as soon as possible.

Indonesia’s Got Talent
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Indonesia’s got talent is television’s program that shows variation of talents. It is a place where someone or group can channel their talent, because this program open for all Indonesian, all age, male or female, children or adult and for individual or group. This program attracted people’s attention over Indonesia to show their talent. With this program, we knew that Indonesia has many talent peoples. There are many steps in clarifying the best talent for being the winner. They have to compete with others talent.  As we have seen, this is a positive program, which peoples can channel their talent, even thought they do not be a winner afterward.
Reading
Monday, October 4, 2010
Reading is very important for us. Actually, reading will give much knowledge to its reader. Because, more we read the book, more we get the knowledge.  Next, reading is activity which we can do it whenever and wherever. For example, the peoples who live in abroad are having reading habit in the bus or electric train. In contras, many Indonesian have sleeping habit in the bus or train, although there are some of them who read in their journey. However, reader must be active to conclude what he has read and make it as his life motivation. In summary, reading will open our mind and add our knowledge.
Air pollution
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Air pollution can make several problems. First, it will trouble our health. To illustrate, lung inflammation which cause of smoke, even if transportation’s smoke, cigarette’s smoke or factory’s smoke. In addition, it will break our environment health. Specifically is environment health in city. As we know, there is much transportation in the traffic and its smoke will make air pollution. Unlike village, this has less air pollution. Finally, air pollution will break the scenery around us. In closing, we can avoid air pollution by plant the trees and hold the greenly.
My bad experience
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
This happened about 3 year ago, when I stayed in boarding school. One night, I would go to the photo studio. The weather was cool and I wore jacket. On the way to the photo studio, I met my teacher. She was a guidance counseling staff. That time, she asked me to come to her office. When I arrived there, she cut my jacket that I wore, because that jacket is to short and it is forbidden by the discipline rule. Afterwards, she burned my jacket in front of me. I felt so sad, as that jacket was my mother’s gift. Nevertheless, after days, I recognized my mistake and I would not make something to wrong my teacher who had cut and burnt my jacket.
3D Theatre
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Last year, I went to Hill Park with my family. Hill Park located in Sibolangit. It is a place for holiday where we will have fun. There, we will find many games. Besides game area, also we can enjoy the beautiful scenery and the air cool. That time, one area that attracts our attention was 3D theatre. In the same with general theatre, we must buy ticket before entering the theatre. Nevertheless, we need special glasses to watch 3D movie and we can find it in the entering door of theatre. When the movie started, we felt the effect from what happened in the movie. For example, we felt the mice walked on our feet, the blow of wind, etc. However, I very enjoyed my holiday and I will have fun again in the next chance.
Hand phone
Friday, October 8, 2010
Hand phone is very useful for us. For some peoples, hand phone is their life. It is a simple thing, because we can bring it anywhere. In addition, we can communicate with peoples by texting or telephone using hand phone. There are many types of hand phone and every type has different application. So, some of phones are can connect to the internet network. As a result, we can access the internet using hand phone. However, hand phone can make our life easy, easy to communicate and easy to get any information, even if through texting message or internet.
My Friend, John
Saturday, October 9, 2010
John is my chatting friend. He is 20 years old and he lives in West Africa, Nigeria. He loves beautiful things and hates people who hot what he loves. His dreams are to be an avatar to save people who need help, to build robot to help men and become an aerospace engineer. However, he had a sad story. He lost his mother when he was 11 years. Since then things have been hard and the stupid fool does not pay his father pension. Besides, evil people made his brother, Kenneth, mad. I am so sorry to hear that. I just advised him to be patient along his life. In that opportunity, I taught him that I like English and I study in English Department. Finally, he sent me some sites that help me study English.
Is it a special day?
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Today is Monday. Some peoples said it was a special day. Why? It is because; this day has a same number in date, month and year. Usually we write it “10-10-2010”. Many peoples are wishing a special moment in this special day. For example, wedding and bore. This afternoon I watched the news. There was a mother borne twin baby in this special day, “10-10-2010” at 10.10pm. In addition, some pregnant mother decided to bore their baby today by operation, although some of them borne in normal condition. We must thing repeatedly, what is the secret behind this? Why peoples are wishing special moment in this day? Is it a culture? Is it a special day?
He Is an Indian
Monday, October 11, 2010
One evening, I signed in to face book. As usual, I confirm friends request and open notifications. After minutes, one friend appeared in chat list, his name is Jolly. He sent me some sentences in Indonesian, but in the end of sentences, he wrote, “Hello, I will very thankful if you translate these sentences into English”. Without thinking more, I translated those sentences for him. Then, I asked him “Where do you come from?” He answered, “I am from India, and I am studying Indonesian. I have Indonesian friend who likes sending message in Indonesian, so, I ask your help to translate it”. That time, I interested to know some Indian word. Luckily, he wanted to teach me some word.
Should we follow the western?
Thursday, October 12, 2010
This modern, westernization happened in our country. We can see from clothes’ style. Many Indonesian followed western in clothes’ style. They wore sexy clothes and copied other western style. Next, culture of throwing flower in wedding party which thrown by the couple. Who got that flower; she or he will marry soon after that couple, it is their believe. It is a western culture and now often happened in Indonesia. In the other hand, we may follow western in its development of technologies and sciences. Because, it is positive side and will give a good effect for us and our country. So, should we follow the western? It is back on your self.
My Birthday
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Today is my birthday. I did not hold any party today. For me, birthday party is not my obligation. Nevertheless, I thanks to Allah, who has given me a life and long age until today. Now, I am 20 years old. I do not think that my age has been 20 years. I felt that times were gone very quickly. However, in this age, I want to be better than before in everything it is, specifically in everything good. I hope that I can improve my faith and worship toward Allah. Next, I will pray to Allah in order he gives me a long life if he will. Moreover, I will do all the best if he gives me a chance to live in this earth. Amen
She was a curious Mom
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Once upon a time, my telephone rang. It was my friend, Azizah, who stayed in a midwife boarding in Medan. She taught me that she and her friends got angry with their boarding mom. That mom is killer and she is a Christian. She is often angry with Azizah and friends. One day, she asked them to show their religion certificate. Azizah was surprised to hear that, because it was the first time she heard about religion certificate. In addition, none of them, Muslim or non-Muslim had such a certificate.  I am also surprised hearing Azizah’s speech. Because in my life, that the first time I heard about religion certificate.
A Mysterious Man
Friday, October 15, 2010
Anne’s eyes seeing to the tip of mall. There was a big shop there. She saw a man with a black jacket, black glasses, and black hat stand in front of the shop. Anne though that he was a thief, because of his style and action was very mysterious. He would see everyone who entered the shop seriously with a hard sight. Moreover, he never speaks to the customer and whoever there. He just kept silent in his place. Anne felt sure that he was a thief. Then, she called a security and said about the man. The security asked him, “What are doing here?” he just kept silent. Finally, one of the shopkeepers got out from the shop and told us, “He is the security in this shop, but he is deaf-mute.”
A Big Fish
Saturday, October 16, 2010
One day, my father went fishing to the pool. He had packed all things for fishing and brought a meal and a bottle of coffee. After he arrived at the pool, he took his fishing rod from his bag and he baited a fishhook. Then, he started fishing. After minutes, he got a fish but it was too small and he threw again to the pool. Therefore, continually, he got a small fish as before.  Finally, he decided to take a rest by a meal and a bottle of coffee. Afterward, he continued fishing. Not until ten minutes, his fishing rod vibrated and exactly he pulled it out. It was heavy when he tried to pull.  He felt very happy, because he though it was a big fish. Unfortunately, it was not a big fish but it was a big shoe and he came back home without any fish.
The Most Expensive Meatball
Sunday, October 17, 2010
One afternoon, I went to the cafeteria with my mother. We drive a motorcycle. After we arrived at cafeteria, we ate meatball. Because, it was a very nice meatball I have eaten in my town. After eating, we went to the cashier to pay the bill. My mother was surprised to see her wallet. It was free. She told me that she brought Rp.300.000, - in her wallet, but it was fell down when we were in the street, because she forgot to lock it. Luckily, there was Rp.50.000, - leave in other side of wallet and we can pay the bill. I thing, it was the most expensive meatball, because it cost more than Rp.100.000,-.
Flood
Monday, October 18, 2010
Lately, the rain often falls in our country. The rain continually will cause the flood. Especially in Java, it has a big effect to be flood because of raining. Weeks ago, the big flood happened in Wasior, Papua. It broke many houses and buildings. Moreover, it caused many people died. If we turn around, this flood can avoided with several ways. First, we must throw the rubbish in its place. Today, many people who throw the rubbish into the river and it may cause the flood and we must stop this usual. Next, we ought to keep the mountain and stop cutting trees. Finally, we must pray to Allah in order to far us from any disaster.
The Power of Dream
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Everyone has dream in his live. Dreams are will come true when we work hardly to get it. The great people become great because of dreaming. With dreaming, they can get success in life. Therefore, dream is not only a dream but also thing that we must work hard to get it. Dream also a willing. In addition, we will get our willing if we serious in it. However, do not afraid to dream as it is free and all people can do it. In summary, dream has a power for its dreamer, and the power of dream will prove our willing.
His Name is Putri
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Today is the first day for Meri entering the school after had a long holiday. Meri goes at 7 o’clock as usual. The driver takes her to the school. In the school, she met her friends, Nadine and Sheila. They are a best friend from childish. The bell rang and they entered the class. Then, a teacher came to the class with a new student. Next, he introduced him self in front of class. The students were surprised and laughed when he said his name. His name is Putri Raharjo. As we know, Putri is a female name. He did not angry with us but he just keep smile.
Claudia and Clara

Thursday, October 21, 2010
There are many differences between Claudia and Clara. First is their body. Claudia weighs about 55 kg and Clara weighs only 40 kg. Second, Claudia’s hobby is dancing, while Clara’s hobby is singing. In addition, Claudia likes bread to breakfast. However, Clara likes fried rice to breakfast. Every morning, they mom must serve two different meal. They also have different personalities. While Claudia little childish and she often cry because of misunderstanding.  On the other hand, Clara more adult and can overcome any problem she gets. Although they are very different, they are the twin girl.
Tina’s house and Lena’s house
Friday, October 22, 2010
Tina’s house and Lena’s house have several things in common. First, both located near the college.  For example, walking from Tina’s house to the college take 15 minutes. Similarly, it take 18 minutes from Lena’ house. A second way that these two houses are similar is that they are both containing three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Thirdly, these houses are similar in that they have a large yard, which full of kinds of flowers. For example, roses, tulip, jasmine, orchid etc. Because, Tina and Lena have similarity in hobby and it is planting flower and collecting flowers.
Lake Toba
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Lake Toba is located at North Sumatra. It was a famous tour place in North Sumatra. It has islands, such as Samosir and Tomok. However, we must travel by ship to visit these islands. In Samosir, we will fine many Batak’s traditions. For example, the tradition house of Batak and statue of sigale-gale.  On the other hand, we will fine many souvenirs in Tomok. Besides, we can also see the hanging stone at Lake Toba. In addition, we can see it only from the ship. This hanging stone has a history, which the guide in the ship will tell the passenger about the history of hanging stone. In summary, Lake Toba is a beautiful tour place with beautiful scenery.
MYSTERIOUS PIZZA
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Doorbell rang. My sister went straight to the door and opened it. It was a deliveryman of pizza. There was no sender's name on the pizza package, which contained only the name of the destination. Pizza was intended on my name. My sister and I wonder, because our family no one ordered a pizza. We only look at the pizza. My sister cannot wait to eat it. I kept thinking who sent the pizza. After that, I asked the characteristics of pizza deliveryman to my sister. He is a man, a fat with a thick mustache. I kept thinking, and I finally know whom the sender of this pizza. I immediately called my uncle, because he had promised to give me a surprise. Moreover, it was right that he brought pizza to my house. He disguised as deliveryman of pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment